Welcome to summer and to the biggest fundraising endeavour by Friends of the Library (FOL)! The book sales are reimagined and revamped to serve you better. All community members – regardless of whether you’re an OPL cardholder or not – have the opportunity to attend the book sale and browse through a large collection of gently loved books, DVDs and CDs.
Public Sale Dates:
- Thursday, June 23, 2022– 4 pm to 7 pm
- Friday, June 24, 2022 – 11 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, June 25, 2022 – 11 am to 4 pm
- Sunday, June 26, 2022 – 1 pm to 4 pm
OPL Central Branch auditorium, 120 Navy Street, Oakville
New updates for the book sale
New pricing methods.
Items will be individually-priced starting at $2, and not sold by weight.
- Hardcover/Softcover books - $2 each
- Children Picture Books – 3 for $2
- Audio-visual (DVDs, VHS, CDs, etc.) – 5 for $2
There is also a new “fill your bag” option
where customers can purchase a reusable FOL tote for $15 and fill their bag with as many items as possible.
Vintage OPL merchandise for sale – limited quantities
New payment options.
- Good Reads Bags - $10 (mystery bags with at least 3 hardcover books)
- Vintage OPL Mugs - $5
- Vintage OPL Reusable Bags - $5 (limited quantity)
Bring your own shopping bags.
- Contactless payment is available with TipTap using your debit card/Interac, credit cards: Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and mobile phone wallets including Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Cash - We will also accept cash but exact change is highly recommended.
No shopping bags or packing material will be provided for purchases.
About the Friends of the Library
Established in 1993, the FOL are a group of volunteers dedicated to enhancing library programs and services within the community. The book sales are one of the many important initiatives by the FOL, as the sales provide a sustainable, environmentally-friendly and affordable access to book ownership while embracing OPL’s commitment to building healthy and vibrant communities. In early 2020 the FOL held their last book sale, before the global pandemic begin in March 2020. The Friends look forward to welcoming the community back again.
The FOL are a group of dedicated, talented volunteers who believe in the value of a strong public library in our community, support the library’s vision, mission and values and contribute to their community through volunteerism. Our book sale and committee volunteers are book lovers, library supporters, and community members who enjoy getting out for a fulfilling volunteer experience. If that sounds like you, view our volunteer information on the FOL page