Work at Oakville Public Library
Join Oakville Public Library and help make a difference in our community!
At Oakville Public Library (OPL), we hire the best people to grow with an organization that encourages innovation and promotes creativity in a supportive environment.
With seven branches located throughout Oakville, the library continues to reinvent itself and offers a variety of opportunities across various fields such as information services, circulation, marketing and community engagement.
OPL is committed to attracting a talented, diverse and inclusive workforce which broadly reflects the communities and residents served and to selecting the best candidate for the position in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and all applicable employment legislation and policies/procedures. OPL supports and encourages employees to realize their career goals and reach their maximum potential. We strive to ensure that all members of our team come to work each day with a sense of belonging and acceptance.
Why Work Here?
OPL is guided by our Customer Experience Values to create an environment of meaningful work for our dedicated staff:
- Inclusion – We invite and embrace everyone in our community.
- Personalization – We value each person and their unique experience.
- Quality – We strive for excellence in everything we do.
- Ownership – We boldly take responsibility.
- Seamlessness – We make it simple.
In addition, OPL offers a robust total rewards package which includes competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package as eligible, participation in the OMERS defined benefit pension plan and professional development opportunities to enhance your knowledge and growth with OPL.
How to Apply
Click the "View Jobs" link to access OPL's recruitment system, create an account and submit your application for open positions. Know about the latest jobs by signing up for Job Alerts!
Please refer to Careers FAQs below for additional information about the recruitment process. Once your application has been submitted, you will be sent an email confirming it has been received by us. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised that no unsolicited resumes will be accepted.
How do I apply?
- Current opportunities can be found in our Careers section under "View Jobs"
- To apply for a current opportunity, open the job posting that you are interested in and select “apply now”
- Follow the steps to upload your resume, add any attachments and answer any required questions regarding your education, skills and experience
- Complete the candidate sign off and date, and select “submit”
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive an email within 24 hours confirming receipt of your application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I submit a paper application or email you my resume?
How will I know you received my application?
I don’t see an opportunity that matches my skills and interests. Can I still send you my resume?
- Applications will only be accepted for current opportunities. Please be advised that no unsolicited resumes will be accepted.
- You may set up a Job Alert within the Careers section to receive notifications when new opportunities are posted.