Oakville Public Library strives to fulfill our mission of cultivating discovery and creativity in every phase of life. Our vision is to inspire Oakville, and create an inclusive, barrier-free environment where all members of the community can access physical and digital resources and services. We are focused on exceptional customer service to meet the needs of all customers while ensuring literacy and learning is available to everyone.
In 2020, OPL supported the Oakville community by adding the following services to ensure resources remain available:
- Library Takeout: Contactless holds pick up
- Grab & Go Bags: Surprise book or DVD bags with a wide selection of genres to choose from
- OPL Picks for You: A personalized book-matching service based on your preferences
- Connection Kits: Helping Oakville residents ages 55+ who are in need of technology
- OPL Express and Browse & Borrow Kiosk: Allowing for holds pick up or book browsing on-the-go
- Virtual Programs: OPL now offers a variety of virtual programs for a wide range of interests, with programs catering to all ages
In 2020, OPL was awarded the Safer Spaces Award given by the North Oakville Youth Development Council under the Our Kids Network. The award was given in recognition of OPL providing a welcoming and safe space for youth.