The two-day sale will be held at OPL’s Central Branch, with thousands of fiction and nonfiction books, DVDs and CDs available. Our holiday sale is a great opportunity to find the perfect gift for that special someone from amongst our books, classics, fine art and collectible books.
We continue to advocate for a sustainable, environment-friendly and affordable access to book ownership to continue to encourage literacy. Your participation continues to support us to reach our goals. The proceeds from book sales help OPL to expand library services and create a welcoming space to all members of our community. Supporting your local library has never been this easy!
The FOL book sales made an the much-anticipated return in 2022, with sales in June and October. The final sale this December comes at the perfect time as we all get ready for the holidays and cozy evenings spent reading!
- Friday, December 9, 2022 – 10 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, December 10, 2022 – 10 am to 4 pm
- All sales are held at Oakville Public Library, 120 Navy St, Oakville, Central Branch Auditorium
- All book sales are open to the public.
- Buy and fill an FOL shopping bag - $15 or 2 for $25
- If you purchased an FOL shopping bag at a 2022 book sale, bring it back and fill again for $10.
- If you are purchasing individually priced items, please bring your own shopping bags.
- Books are not sold by weight, but are individually priced based on category:
- Hardcover/Softcover books - 2 for $2
- AV (DVD’s, VHS, etc) – 20 for $2
- Children Picture Books – 5 for $2
- Contactless payment is available with tiptap using your debit card/Interac, credit cards: Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and mobile phone wallets including GooglePay and ApplePay.
- We accept cash but exact change is highly recommended.
For more information about Friends of the Library and 2023 book sale dates, visit opl.ca/friends. To contact the Friends of the Library and learn how you can join the committee, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or come and speak to a volunteer during the book sale.