Our Book Clubs are back – virtually! Come connect and chat with fellow book lovers about popular books. Sessions are led by our knowledgeable OPL staff.
You’re still welcome to attend even if you have or haven’t read the book– all are welcome!
Registration is now free! We want to ensure everyone is able to participate.
You now have to option to register for individual sessions, instead of committing to multiple sessions at once.
At this time, we are offering Book Club in a virtual setting on a live Zoom call. Zoom is an online video conferencing platform, allowing you to still see and discuss with other book club members. Each session has a unique Zoom link posted in the program session listing.
Picking up Your Book
Once you have registered for the session you would like to participate in using your OPL library card, we will reserve place a copy of the book on hold under your account for pick-up at your preferred branch. You will receive a notification with details on how to pick-up your copy.
Book club books are on a five (5) week loan period to ensure you have time to read as much as possible. Please note limited we have limited physical copies of each title.
Historical Book Club
We have partnered with Oakville Museum to offer a unique book club experience. We invite you to “bring your own lawn chair” and meet us in Lakeside Park, next to Erchless Estate for a physical distanced, in-person book club session.
Come and enjoy the outdoors, a good book, and great company!
Book Club Kits
Gather some friends, review our list of book club kits, place a hold for pickup and start reading.
Since book club kits cannot be reserved for an exact date, we recommend placing a hold just before your club is ready to start its next read.
Each Book Club Kit includes:
How our Book Club Kits work:
- 10 copies of your chosen book
- A list of discussion questions
- Tips for hosting a successful book club
- Customers can borrow up to two book club kits at one time
- Kits can be borrowed for up to six weeks and cannot be renewed
- Kits can be placed on hold but cannot be reserved for an exact date
- Kits can be requested for pick-up at any branch
- Kits can only be returned to a branch during open hours
- The entire kit and it’s contents must be returned once complete
- Fines for missing items will be charged to the cardholder who checked out the kit.