The Friends of the Oakville Public Library (also known as FOL) raises funds for the library, with a large majority of those funds coming from book sales run by volunteers. If you would like to donate books or audio-visual materials to the Friends of the Library, please note that we can only sell books and other items that are in good condition. Donations are only accepted at Central Branch during branch open hours. Drop your books and materials off at the blue cart at the Water St. entrance. If you have a large quantity of materials that don’t fit into the cart, please contact us at 905.815.2042 ext. 5092 to arrange a drop off appointment.
What you need to know:
OPL will only accept material that can be resold. Materials must be in very good condition with preference for popular fiction and nonfiction in hardcover, mass market and trade paperbacks.
- Fiction Books (including teen and children’s) in very good condition
- Non-Fiction books (including teen and children’s) in very good condition
- Audio-visual material (music, audio books, and movies on DVD or Blu-Ray) in very good condition
We do not accept:
- Books that are outdated and content is no longer relevant (more than five years old)
- Books that are not intact or that are torn, discolored, moldy or smelly
- Books with excessive writing, markings, or highlighting
- Magazines (including National Geographic)
- Audio cassettes
- VHS tapes
- Video Games
If your materials don't meet these criteria please consider donating them to other non-profit organizations in Oakville. Please note that we do not add donated material to the collection and do not issue tax receipts for donations.
Questions? We are here to help you. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have as we always enjoy speaking with those who love libraries and our community!
Charitable Registration Number 11924 8169 RR0001